Friday, August 3, 2012

The Z-Dar: Raf Riley

Whatsup Internet, Z here again and today I felt like I had to share some personal hotness from my collection I feel wasn't getting enough attention in the EDM scene in the U.S. let alone the rest of the world away from the U.K. which even in itself is in spades. So for today's artist overview is on none other than Raf Riley.


The onslaught of a producer Riley is a 21 year old from North London who is currently signed to Labrinth's Odd Child Recordings and is creative quite a stir in the underground for those who pay attention to what I call the "release flow" of music. His style mixes everything from Trap, Drum and Dubstep, Moombahton, and other influences on all sides of the spectrum cultivating a sound that is very much his own and can't even be called any of the genres he decides to take from and build upon. I was literally taken aback by his producerial genius a couple weeks ago as I sampled some tracks so here at EGP today I wanna share with you this bit of EDM gold. I'm warning you here, prepare to be blown away, at least I was. I think you guys trust me enough, now don't ya?





This first track is off his recently released EP Dog Unit, which by the way is available free, and this impressive beast of a song is a certified BANGER. His incorporation of Drumstep stylings twisted into a form only known as Raf Riley with an almost surrealistic feel to its highs, well placed and crunched into a almost royal sounding overtone complete with crushing intense bass and drumplay. 
 
Etta Bond x Raf Riley - Boring Bitches by Raf Riley
 
This next one is featuring vocals from Etta Bond. Her and Raf Riley have another free EP out called ETTA BOND X RAF RILEY for your listening pleasure. This song is just as impressive with a Trap outing that quickly destroys the wall into some more intense bass-play. This is sure to get spun at many events soon, and I for one can't wait to hear this dropped.




This next one is the first track off the Dog Unit EP, and this is Trap at its finest. It creatively mixes that police siren sample in a way that doesn't make me pissed off at it, and that's a feat in itself. The 808 bass is something else and its interludes are surprisingly funky. Making a whole ensemble that feels like something you'd listen to in the future in some far off time where music has evolved beyond comprehension.

I personally believe Raf Riley might be the next big thing especially with the whole Trap movement coming on up in the EDM scene. Keep your ears open, and expect a lot from him. I know I'm gonna be on the lookout for any shows or events in the area that he might spin at. If this isn't enough to make you keep him on the radar then I don't know what is.

Till next time.

Love and Light,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment