Sunday, January 20, 2013

Z-Dar: Mr Bill - Cheyah Remix Contest Presented by Gravitas Recordings)



Whatsup everybody? It's Z here and I've been around the web a little bit lately and I caught wind of none other than Mr. Bill's very own remix contest he has got in collaboration with Gravitas Recordings for the awesome track Chyeah off the Neurovation Compilation. This remix contest in particular is especially interesting as the judges panel is an all star cast. The likes of which include Bil Bless, Gruff, Psymbionic, Great Scott, and Mr. Bill himself. It seems to me to be a more tight knit endeavor than the usual Beatport contest styles and I feel like a lot of awesome tracks will be popping up on account of this. So as per usual, I took some time to go through a bunch of tracks to show you the ones I personally like the most. I'll post links up to where you can find all these songs as well as the rest of the entries.


This one here Is by an artist that calls himself Xuno. It's a romantic bass infused remix that he calls Luxury. It's deep heavy and wet and I love it. Definitely one of the stand out remixes to me.




This next one up is by the California native Illustrated. This one is more on the high end oh things with simplicity without being too similar being its stronger points. the beat change in the end is nice.



This one here is by Hack the System out of Italy. I love this remix it has a very Moomba styled bounce that keeps the song flowing nice. It's very different for a Mr. Bill remix.






This gem is by Rynosaur, and it's a bassed Neurohop remix that doesn't spare on the bass manipulation. It twirls and grinds and it progresses and it's a good track to get things started.



This one here is by Thrilla coming out of the US. It's a simple Glitch Hop remix with enough added to give it a wholly different feel. I enjoy it a lot.





Another Glitch Hop remix coming your way by SugarBeats. It's got a lot more meat to it as far as these remixes go and I like it. I think I'm gonna keep this guy on the radar cause it seems like he's going to get a lot better.




I feel like this remix is totally gonna win. By none other than Haywyre we get the liquid smooth styles of his very well known smooth Dubstep and Jazz stylings with Mr. Bill brand Glitch to make a Glitch Hop outing that shines above the rest. I'm gonna be surprised if this one doesn't win.

As you can see this contest is getting crazy, Both a grand prize winner and a runner up will be chosen to appear on the release, and in addition will receive prizes from SoundCloud, Keith McMillen Instruments, iZotope, and Ableton Liveschool, and all winners will have their track appear on the official remix EP. If you want the original track check HERE and if you wanna check the other entries check HERE. Thanks for tuning in. Lets see who wins shall we?

Love and Light
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment