Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Land of Magic and Zombies

When you look on your upcoming events and check out what parties are coming up, the number of people attending can be one good way to tell if it's going to be a hit or not. Taking the extra step and seeing what the comments are like is a good indication to tell how many of those "yes" clicks will actually be there. From my experience, it's a mix between that and venue. The scene is almost always popping with hundreds of people coming out to dance and party, and for my first M.D. Productions event, Fairytale Massacre was off the hook!

RAGE! By: Ronnie C.
Note Boys Face... 'Nuff Said By: Ronnie C.

This party was at "The Cage", I was just there the week beforehand for Chaos, a Kingzly party. The scope of the night was very different from that party in terms of music played and people that came. You still had the cage which had quite a few different dancers at any given moment, two floors of pumping beats, and tons of people. The music was all EDM with some of the hottest DJ's in the mix. I personally got to sit in on everyone's set! It an important part of going into these events. You should know who is entertaining you.

Dirty Dan! By: Paus3
W@X By: Paus3
 You had the following DJs pumping music out:
SPRITE
AJAX BEATS
TOM ROGERS
GOBS THE ZOMBIE
GRIME SYNDICATE 
NOOMI RA VS RAY GUNNZ
GABY NOODLE 
W@X vs FATTIE FATZ 
GALVATRON
DIRTY DAN
JOHN BAS
HOW HARD vs WINK-E
DJ BIZZARE

The doors opened an hour late to this party, keeping party goers freezing outside and shafting
Gaby Noodle from the 1's and 2's. Whatever the issues were, it sucked worst for everyone that was there before original door time to be the first ones in. However, when the crowd started getting in, you could see the looks of excitement on everyone's faces. The lights were looking awesome from Power Trip, Morgan Freeman was in the house with the digital mapping on the walls, and the music was pumping, what's not to like?!


Tom Rogers By: Paus3
Music was hot, I was very excited to hear some trance with Tom Rogers (featured this week for the mix!), but the whole beginning of his set got f'ed up! For the first 20 min, the input was wrong from his gear, so they had to switch him over to the CDJs, and then he got his stuff popping. Even though a lot of his set was muffled, he's put it out exclusively to the readers of this blog!! ((COMING SOON!!))

This was a theme party, with people dressed up as either fairytale creatures and characters, or zombies. One thing I couldn't stand, the fairies. I mean literally, I kept getting smacked in the face by girls running around with these huge fake wings on their backs. I almost had my freakin eye poked out!! A few people went all out with their costumes though for their was a costume contest where the winner would receive a free tattoo from Heart of Brooklyn Tattoo! The winner was none other than Jevee who came in as the Queen of Hearts!

The Queen of Hearts By: Reptar
Tinker Bell By: Paus3
Gahhh So Awesome By: Paus3
Masquerade Beauty By Paus3
There were so many people in the house! As I was mentioning earlier, the people here were mostly the PLUR-full party goers, with a lot of fresh faces coming straight from the club scene. This was as opposed to Chaos where it was pretty much 50/50 with a lot of "bro" and "son" going on. I don't have a problem with that because when it comes down to it, all I feel is the PLUR, regardless of how people talk, dress or act. When we are at a party, we are all having a good time together, and I have yet to experience it differently. You also had UV body painting by Pixel, and a massage table with Batman! Always love seeing these guys around, there attractions always add more color and activity to the party!

D3bst3p and Batsy! By: Reptar

PLUR <3 By: Ronnie C.
Dance Your Ass Off By: Ronnie C.
Whaaaaat?! By: Paus3
 Now my favorite part, glovers!! There had to have been about 25 glovers that came down to Fairytale. Aside from the ones I already chill with, there were a bunch of new faces there as well. It's always really fresh to meet new people, but one really nice meet was with D3bst3p. If you don't know about her, well you are missing out! She keeps a site similar to this, writing about the scene, taking pictures, and not only that, but she gloves too! I spent a lot of time talking with her about the community, and then we traded shows. It's such a god feeling to share not only thoughts, but emotions, and that's what gloving comes down to, an electric display of emotion (EDE). 

Pretty Lights By: Ronnie C.
Mystical By: Reptar
Light Shows from the Cage By: Paus3
Yours Truly By: Paus3
Double Show Splendor By: Paus3
Wicked Cool By: Paus3


I actually brought my camera out to this one to continue learning more about photography, and I think I'm getting the hang of it! Out of 451 pictures, about 200 of them came out good enough to use in my official album. But I didn't want to just trash the other shots...so I created a slideshow to show them all, and walk you through the night!! 


I got this idea from one of the coolest people I've met on the scene, Sam Freund. He has made videos like this before, and it inspired me to try and do one myself. His are amazing, I mean, see for yourself

PHOTOS:


The Pros:
Ronnie C: SET
Taylor Flash: SET

Sam Freund: Coming Soon!
Reptar: SET


The Others:

Paus3: SET
Smurf: SET
Epic Image WRM: SET
D3bst3p: SET 1//SET 2


This was a huge success, so huge that the sequel is already in play!! FAIRYTALE MASSACRE 2 - THE MONSTERS REVENGE! And then coming up this weekend, Sonic the Hedgehog: Green Hill Zone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment