Saturday, March 10, 2012

[Space] Flux Makes a Name for Itself with Nintendo Themed Rave

I know it's a little late now... but a couple Saturday night's ago was a night for many ravers here in NY that will not be forgotten anytime soon. From most of the same folks that put together my favorite party of all time (Power Ravers [duh]) brought us "When World's Collide", a Nintendo themed rave.



Once again, I made my way over to The Electric Warehouse (herein "The Lab"). I came a little late for this one, but I was extremely pumped about what I was about to walk into. I knew about some stuff in the background (that unfortunately I still cant talk about) that was going to make this rave BEAST compared to any other rave that's been there. However, when I came in half the stuff I heard about was not there. However, what was going on there blew my freaking mind!

 
 


First and foremost, I walked into Rockman's set. It felt like there were easily over a thousand people in the room, walking through a crowd had never been this hard for me. Rockman was tearing up the floor it was unbelievable. I headed over the Electrik Graffiti tent to say hey to everyone and see what was going on. As I walked up, I saw 30 (maybe more) glovers surrounding the side area and front of the tent. Mufasa came up to me and all rushed asked if I wanted to join the glover's competition.

 
 


Paus3. A glover's competition that is actually going down? Not even five minutes in the door and the DJ I couldn't wait to see is spinning AND there's a legit competition about to happen. I was glowing. I was not ready to start gloving, I had just gotten there and my camera wasn't even out yet, so I had to decline... this time. There were 22 glovers in total for the tourney and Raptor came out on top! He won himself a brand new pair of gloves with Genesis chips, an $80 value prize from Electrik Graffiti. He was pumped that he won, and let me tell you, this kid has major skills!

 

Another hug bonus to this party was having Morgan Freeman there. Morgan brought a ton of his game to the table, making some of the coolest digital mapping I've seen of his in person. Since this was a Nintendo themed party, the downstairs was Hyrule Castle. The walls were covers in flying Triforce symbols, sometimes it looked like someone was actually playing the Ocarina of Time, and my favorite was the stained glass windows from Hyrule Castle. Morgan made the room look absolutely amazing.

 


Of course [Space] Flux did their own decorations that looks wild! With Morgan and a little extra from Flux the downstairs portrayed the historical Zelda castle beautifully. Upstairs with Kirby's Dreamland was a little different, but very original. The walls were covers with hand painted sheets. They were very colorful, and very trippy! It was great to see the elbow grease they put into making the scene comes to life, both rooms were very colorful and delightful to be in. And don't forget everyone's favorite carpet, Kevin Carpet! He was by the door to step outside and get some fresh air, and some awesome pictures came out of that as well! People get really artsy with the living art!

 
 


The music was kicking all night and it all went off with very few hitches. There was a costume contest that went down, and the two top costumes were awesome! First place went to a Zentai cat suit Zentai Samus, and second place to a girl dressed up in a well-made home-made Charizard costume! The winner was supposed to get a free Nintendo tattoo from Eddie at Heart of Brooklyn Tattoo!



All in all, this party was a massive success. Great job to everyone at Flux, and I can't wait till the next one!! Check out all these awesome pictures!!

Paus3 - SET
Taylor Flash - SET
Ronnie C - SET
ThreeFourteen Media - SET
Jonathan R - SET
Reptar - SET
Pac-man - SET1 // SET2 //  SET3
D3bst3p - SET

No comments:

Post a Comment