Sunday, December 25, 2011

The DJ's That Stole Christmas

Kingzly. Nuff Said BY: Morgan Freeman (Blue Crash)

With Christmas here, parties were rocking out all weekend. I was planning originally on staying in and enjoying the comfort of my bed and some Skyrim, but the call came in saying I needed to come check out this event that was going to be split between club scene and rave scene. I thought I had experienced this before with Revival, but I was in for a sick surprise...

Go DJ! BY: Ronnie C. Photography
Divine GoGo! BY: Divine GoGo (Paus3)

The DJ's That Stole Christmas taking place in the infamous Electric Warehouse. This event was put together by CJ Milan & Kingzly's Parties, and they did a great job with it! You had the two floors open for people to rock out, along with the outside smoking section. Before I drove over there, I was checking out the event listing on Facebook, and it said that you should "prepare yourself for a new rave experience." Naturally I felt that I've experienced raves and how is this going to be different from others. After all, Revival was a mix of some club stuff, but mostly variations of harder styles.

DJ Dirty Dan Pumping up the room BY: Morgan Freeman (Blue Crash)

This rave was an even mix between club music (trance, house, with hip-hop and other top 40 stuff), and more techno stuff (harder trance, dubstep, hardstyle, moombah). The main floor was the more rave music, and upstairs was the club scene. The DJ's were mixing it up and both rooms had people hanging out.


Being Christmas Eve, it was surprising that so many came out to dance and have a good time. At the peak there must have been about 300 people having a blast. It was so nice to see the scene's mix, it's easy to tell with fashion who is a regular patron to these scenes, but when all together, everyone was experiencing the PLUR, it was a beautiful thing. The light shows were popping, with projectors on the walls, lasers, and even a foam machine!

Dancing in the Foam BY: Ronnie C. Photography
My night was interesting from the start. I helped out with setup a bit, and then I had the Divine GoGo camera taking pictures of the night. Somewhere around 11pm I ran into Tiffany Reptar, and she took some shots of myself and KinkiKitty giving shows. We were talking a bunch, and she really wanted to glove, so we made a trade; My gloves for her camera. This is where things got really interesting.


Yours Truly Giving Reptar a Show BY: Ronnie C. Photography
For the first time ever, I got to experience what it's like being an event photographer. Taking pictures of the energy, people having a good time, light shows!! It was sick, and Reptar was killing it with her shows! She is an extremely talented person, and just like many of the glovers I look up to, she interprets gloving into her own style. Props to you Reptar, and welcome to Team [OWL]!

DJ X-Dream Spinning BY: Ronnie C. Photography
Another couple awesome encounters I had were with Morgan Freeman and DJ X-Dream. Both of them were awesome. Morgan was controlling almost all the visuals and X-Dream was headlining in the main room. They both did an amazing job, EVERYONE was on the floor for X-Dream going wild and Morgan has some trippy-cool visuals. Check out their sites and make sure to catch them doing their thing at another event. I suggest HOLIDAY MADNESS and GREENHILL ZONE.



PHOTOS:

The Pros:
Reptar Photography: PHOTOS
Ronnie C. Photography: PHOTOS
Epic Image WRM: PHOTOS
Taylor Seven-Divine Flash: PHOTOS
Morgan Freeman: PHOTOS

The Others:
Divine GoGo: PHOTOS

Look forward to some awesome interviews coming up!! And don't forget to check out the new mix I'm listening to!

2 comments:

  1. photos and video from the event


    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluecrash/sets/72157628570640957/

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy... you got the video on there before I even knew it was finished uploading.... good stuff.

    ReplyDelete