Thursday, December 29, 2011

USA Beatboxing Champion: JFlo

For those of you watching the genre mix, you've probably came across JFlo at some point, after all he was dubbed the #1 beatboxing champion in the US for 2011. Not only does he beatbox, but he also get behind the mixing board to spin his own tracks, featuring loops of himself beatboxing and some instrument tracks. His stuff is pretty catchy, check it out!

Mini mix, live sampling-nothing prerecorded by jfizzelsound

All his mixing, like any other dj, is mixed in real time, with him adding his on beatboxing on top of the loops. To me, that means he's using a ton of brain power to keep on top of everything that's going on, it's pretty intense.



I actually had the chance to meet JFlo back at Power Ravers, and he gave me a personal show of his skills, and I apologize for video quality, I only had my phone to record, at least it was earlier on in the party not too many people were outside. Enjoy!!


And that's all for today kiddies. Don't forget to click the links and like the pages, listen to the mixes and keep it 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment